What is ORTHO-K?
Orthokeratology (sometimes referred to as Ortho-K or OK lens for short) is a safe, reversible, non-invasive, non-surgical form of vision correction available to adults and children in Singapore. Orthokeratology lenses Singapore is a special night contact lens worn during sleep to restore clear vision without glasses. You may have heard it advertised as a “dream lens,” “sleeping lens,” or “eye appliance.”
Four steps to clear eyesight with ORTHO-K lens
- Please insert the Ortho K lens before going to bed.
- Sleep well.
- When you wake up, remove the OrthoK lens.
- Store OrthoK lenses in a cleaning solution.
Advantages of ORTHO-K
- Ortho-K lenses can correct mild to moderate myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism, providing good functional vision when awake without eyeglasses or lenses.
- The best prescription we have adjusted is -10.00 diopter myopia.
- For adults, orthodontic lenses provide the freedom to enjoy clear vision without wearing eyeglasses or daily contact lenses.
- Some of their customers have been wearing soft contact lenses for many years, looking for alternatives because regular contact lenses are too dry for their eyes.
- Ortho-K is an accurate corneal remodelling technique.
- Ortho-K’s custom-made rigid contact lenses shape the front of the eye slowly and gently, much like Invisalign and orthodontic appliances shape the teeth.
- Not all opticians in Singapore can prescribe or wear orthokeratology lenses Singapore because it requires specific tools, skills, and training.
- Opticians with expertise and experience in evaluating and wearing Ortho-K lenses are sometimes referred to as orthokeratologists, just as orthodontists use orthodontic braces.
- Their professional orthokeratology experts are members of the US Orthokeratology and Myopia Control Academy and participate in ongoing professional development and training at Ortho-K to stay at the forefront of this therapeutic technique.
Experienced Ortho-K practitioners in your area should visit EMME Visioncare today.